If there is one thing that I am especially terrible at, it is cleaning out my handbags. Much like the drawers in my house, they are full of things I really should have already thrown away. If you delve inside any of the bags stored in my wardrobe you are likely to find most, if not all, of the following:
- A number of scrunched up receipts
- An old lip balm
- At least one hard boiled sweet (probably stuck to the lining of the bag)
- A couple of tampons
- Coins (usually pennies from my last trip to the UK)
- A USB key
- About 5 or 6 biros, none of which work…
I am a bit better when it comes to my tennis bags, probably because they are new and I have only really used them to go back and forth to tennis or workouts. In fact I am quite proud of the contents of my Idawen tennis bags. So what’s inside my tennis bag?
- Tennis racket (obvs)
- Spare Alien Pros overgrip (though I currently have a cool Monreal London skulls overgrip on my racket)
- Set of three Monreal London black and white wristbands
- A tripod for my camera (to be able to take those all important progress videos)
- adidas Stella Barricade Black/White tennis shoes (just bought them, so they are still nice and shiny!)
- Water bottle
- Sun-tan lotion (inside a cute Sephora make-up bag)
- Iron Gym skipping rope (used for my workouts more than tennis)
So nothing really surprising, except perhaps the tripod. I’m not sure how easy it is to find tripods for iPhones where you are, but I asked in quite a few shops in Italy and couldn’t find what I needed. So in the end I improvised and created my own by combining a standard cheap camera tripod with the head of a selfie stick, e voilà!
So tell me, what’s inside your tennis bag?